Blundeston Preschool is managed by a voluntary management committee and is a registered charity.
We follow the Early Years Foundation Stage, which is centered on four themes - A Unique child, Positive Relationships, Enabling Environments, Learning and Development. These are each supported by four commitments and a description of these is provided for parents on a poster available to view in the waiting area of the Preschool.
In addition to encompassing the four themes, the EYFS outlines six areas of learning and development which together make up the SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES appropriate for children as they develop, learn and grow. Blundeston Preschool plans activities to ensure that each child's learning and development needs are met, whilst encouraging individual interests. The range of activities we provide link in with the six areas of learning, here are just a few examples:
- Personal social and emotional development - book area, group activities
- Language and literacy development -show and tell, graphic table
- Knowledge and understanding development - computer, cooking, walks, construction, celebrations
- Physical development - bikes, gym equipment, healthy snack time, cutting and threading
- Problem solving, reasoning and numeracy development - sand play, water play, number rhymes, games
- Creative development - music, dance, role play, paint, craft activities
Our activities are changed weekly, through careful planning which takes into account the children's individual interests. In this way all of the areas are covered and the children receive a stimulating variety of activities to play with. Activity plans are made available to parents upon request and information about the days activities is displayed daily within the waiting area.